Birthday thoughts

t-and-prayers-clear-birthday-line.jpg

I am hooked on acetate at the moment and have used it for a few projects the past weekend. I have just left the acetate clear on this card deciding not to stamp on it with StazOn. I like the clear line I have along the top of the card and at the bottom when the card is closed you can see the scallop boarder which is attached to the back of the card.

My tips for working with acetate are: every layer on the card needs a front and back so you can cover up any tape or Stampin’ Dimensionals, if your backing is larger then the front layer be mindful when applying tape that you do not apply it to the “edge” of the largest piece as it will show. Also when you fold the acetate it is best to use a bone folder so you do get a really crisp fold. Lastly my “acetate” that I use is book binding covers that I just cut down to size and purchased from Officeworks, I used to use over head sheets but they are a little to thin and my card did not stand well, I have never had a problem with the covers.

t-and-prayers-clear-birthday.jpg

Inside the card:

t-and-prayers-clear-birthday-inside.jpg

Materials Used:
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers and On Your Birthday
Ink: Choc Chip and Kiwi Kiss
Marker: Real Red and Rose Red
Paper: Bella Rose, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White
Other: RHRed Taffeta and Scallop edge

Click on image to view set larger.

Thoughts and Prayers. Double Mounted Set of 8 images {4 blocks}. $45.95

thoughts-prayers.gif

On Your Birthday. Set of 12. $58.95

on-your-birthday.gif

10 Responses to Birthday thoughts

1. Angie Brown says:

Another winner Teneale! You are on such a roll with your cards at the moment. I love it when you post something new as your cards are always so classy 😉
    Have a happy day
    Hugs
    angie xx

2. Kirsty Brown says:

Beautiful Teneale, just absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the tip on the office works binders!
    Kirsty xx

3. Karyn I says:

this is just gorgeous. thanks also for the tips on how to best use acetate!

4. Beth says:

That’s gorgeous, Teneale! I’ve been using OH transparencies, too, so I’ll have to try out the book binding covers

5. Steph says:

This looks stunning you’ve done a great job! I to love the acetate cards but mine always end up with finger prints on them!!

6. Billy Jean says:

what can i say, as usual Teneale your card is just stunning

7. Melanie says:

My gosh u r a talented woman…..amazing! I have only recently discovered your blog and I can’t get enough of it!

8. Kerry says:

I just love mine Teneale and can’t bear to part with it, so I’ll have to go off to my local office supply store! Thanks for such wonderful inspiration, can’t wait for each class!

9. Proud Mum says:

I am just the most lucky mum in the world to have such a talented daughter, actually i also have another talented daughter in other ways, so i am doubley blessed.

Teneale what can i say your work is just a cut above the rest………stunning, precice and u have this knack of knowing what goes with what to perfection, u give all your work 150% a true inspiration to the stamping world.

Love the classes and all the ladies that come to be taught by you. Only the best for everyone from you.

love your proud mum

10. Mary says:

Hello Teneale, I’ve been visiting your blog for a while (via my niece Sarah Klass) and wanted to tell you how beautiful your work is. What a gorgeous message your mum has left you above. I went to Regionals here in Perth a couple of weeks back and just loved it. I’ve seen so much amazing creativity since Sarah got me hooked on SU, you’re all so clever. All the very best x