Lovely Thanks

always-tree-line.jpg

Like most creative people I am my toughest critic about my work and don’t often give myself a pat on the back or admit that I “LOVE” something that I made…. but I love this card! I think because I struggle with masculine cards and I also don’t normally “distress” however this card called for it I felt out of my comfit zone.

I have used the classic “Lovely As a Tree” and I have stamped a flourish from “French Filigree” which I omitted using a Crumb Cake Marker stamped off before stamping over the tree. I have also used the “French Filigree” on the Always Artichoke Cardstock in VersaMark and I have also stamped “Wonderfully Worn” in Soft Suede to add a little distressing detail on both the Always Artichoke Cardstock and DSP. Lots of sponging in Crumb Cake then lightly using Soft Suede on the edges.

always-tree-front.jpg

Inside the card….

always-tree-inside.jpg

All Stampin’ Up!:
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, French Filigree, Wonderfully Worn, Vintage Vogue, Love Defined and Afterthoughts
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso
Accessories: Early Espresso Satin Ribbon and Vintage Brads

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by.

28 Responses to Lovely Thanks

1. Wendy J. says:

Teneale, this is just beautiful–as is all your work. Thanks for taking this very loved and worn set and showing it can still be beautiful! You’re amazing!

2. Janet B says:

Morning Teneale.

I’m a lurker on your blog–I check it with every new post, as I’m a big fan of your work. I just had to comment today, as I’m just so in love with this card. It’s absolutely gorgeous! You did a wonderful job with it, and it’s a superb example of how gorgeous a masculine card can be.

Thanks so much for sharing this one, and for the inspiration that you give me. Keep it up!

3. Elin K. says:

Hi – I was awarded the Stylish Blogger Award for my blog, and I wanted to pass it forward to you! Thank you so very much for all the inspiration you have given me. 🙂

Check out my blog to pick up your award!

Thank you!

4. Leslie says:

AMAZING!!! Your card is beautiful and it certainly looks as if you were comfortable with your distressing. It’s Perfect!!!
    So glad to see you blogging again. Hope you are doing well.

5. Paula Dobson says:

My absolute favourite set! This is jaw dropping Teneale, and just perfect for the men in our lives. Your colouring and distressing is wonderful – give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!

6. Lidiya says:

It’s so good to have you back…and back at your best!! Keep ’em coming!!

7. Teneale, the card stunning. I love every inch…..
    Rach:)

8. Just beautiful Teneale! hope you’re feeling better each day

9. Kez says:

Such a beautiful card and could be used for a woman as well. Not my favourite tree from that set, but once again you have made it look appealing! Gorgeous details.

10. Robyn P says:

Yay, another stunning Teneale card. I’m going to have to dust off the as yet uninked Lovely as a Tree set as now I know exactly how to use it to make a lovely card. I can see a lot of cards will end up having “Inspired by Teneale” written on the back of them becuase I am sure I won’t be the only one casing this gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations 🙂

11. I must say, Teneale Williams…your cards are GORGEOUS!!! Everytime I visit your blog I’m blown away and I think to myself, “I have to copy that!!!” I also “text” my neice just about everyday saying, “Did you see Teneale Williams’ card today?!” Her text back is usually, “Gorgeous!” Huge fans, we are…huge! Keep up the GREAT work…you inspire me everyday!

I truely missed you when you weren’t blogging, but your health is most important. I hope all is well.

12. Karen Rodgers says:

Wow! What a beautiful card. I just loved the vintage look of your card. So good to have you back blogging! Best Wishes.

13. ~Kristina says:

This card is incredible. Those earthy colours and vintage appeal draw me in.

14. Jill W. says:

I just found your blog and I have to say it is one of my favs! This card is amazing!!! I also like the one below a lot! I struggle with masculine cards so this is very inspiring! (I also like how you do the insides!)

15. doris says:

You have every right to be proud of this one–it’s gorgeous!
    Stop by my blog for a chance at some blog candy when you get a chance.

16. jaydee says:

Teaneale
    wonderful to see you back and posting. Hope you continue on your path to full health.
    jaydee

17. Absolutely stunning! Love the choice of colours,

18. Angela says:

A work of art I just love it love it.

19. Christyne says:

This is just GORGEOUS!

20. Helen says:

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love this set and haven’t used it for ages. Funnily enough, last night I too tore the corner off my main image and put a tiny piece of Newsprint behind it. But my card was nowhere near as gorgeous as yours!

21. Barb says:

Wow Teneale this card is wonderful, I think Lovely as a Tree to be one of my most favourite stamps and you have done justice to it………..not that I think for a minute you wouldnt.

Love Mum

22. Just lovely. I’ve only just started playing with this set a little more but for more simpler cards. Now I’m going to have to make some for myself to send out that are ‘not so simple’…..

Nikki

23. This is amazing. YOU are amazing
    xoxo

24. Cindy Major says:

What a stunner! I am such a fan of your style. I miss seeing your work on the DT every week!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations 😀

Cindy

25. Maurd says:

Your work is absolutely amazing.

26. jacinda condon says:

You always make such beautiful cards, glad to see you back in the stamp room..

27. Donna says:

GREEN is my favorite color combo and this card is just beautiful and serene for any occassion. CONRATULATIONS on being featured in Nancy’s iPicks this week! Good job!~Donna